To start out this little jaunt to the islands, we almost had an incident in the lovely city of Seattle with the check in gal at Alaska Air. It was a scene straight out of Meet The Parents that would have made the director proud. As our section was called, Allysha and I both lined up to board the plane. When it was my turn, she took my ticket and check me in, but then said (gasp) that my carry on luggage was too large to take on with me. Here is a play by play of how it went:
Ticket agent "Sir, you're bag is too large to take on the plane, I'm going to need to check it through to Hawaii"
Kenny "Ah, no, I'm going to carry it on with me. Thanks!"
Agent "No, sir, you're bag is to large (to fit into the little cage), so I'll check it"
Kenny "It'll fit, and I've travelled hundreds of times with this bag without a problem"
Agent "Well, sir, it isn't on a diet today so we'll need to check it"
She proceeded to write me a tag, and asked me to leave it on the ramp before entering the plane.
Agent "Now, I'm not going to charge you the $25.00 fee today that we normally charge"
Kenny, slightly ruffled already "It doesn't matter, I'm MVP (which Allysha thought was hilarious and normally gives me two free checked bags)
Agent "Actually, it doesn't matter at the gate. Have a good day!"
Now, given that my bag was about two inches too big, and that I had a very, very important ring inside of it, I removed the tag on the way down the ramp and brought the bag on with me. Allysha spent the rest of the time before they closed the door waiting for the agent to come down the ramp after us! :) I think I heard more than once "You're gonna get us kicked off the plane before we even get to Hawaii!".
I'm sorry, I just didn't want to let that bag out of my sight!
No comments:
Post a Comment