Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kauai Trip Day 2 - Relaxing day

Hey there from Kauai.  Today was a relaxing, pretty laid back day here on the island.  We stopped at the Paradise Gluten Free Bakery on the way out of Kapaa, and met one of the most energenic, crazy people I think I've ever met.  She was going about a mile a minute, and Allysha laughed every time she went back into her 138 sq foot bakery because she had to duck under an electrical cord.  A rather large gentelman showed up while we were there, and asked if he could come in.  She responsed with something like "Does it look like you can?"  :) 

After that, we drove up the east side of Kauai, alternating between pooring rain and goregous sunshine.  We stopped in at Hanalei Bay for coffee at the only coffee stand that was opened, and waiting with 30 other people dodging the rain storm!  We continued on to a million different beaches, ending at Tunnels which was amazing and gorgeous.  There are huge tunnels in the rock wall behind the beach, and the sand and water is amazing. 

Allysha and I have both decided that we travel very together, and that's for two reasons. 

(1)  When we stop to see something, we're very effiecent.  We get out, we see it, we take a picture, and we're off to the next stop.  None of this old person sight seeing, we do it, and we're off. 

(2)  We love to shop in new places.  We've been in 100 stores since we got here, and I'm sure we'll go in 50 more.  We love looking, and buying if needed. 

From there, we had lunch in Princeville and enjoyed a nice drive back.  We walked down the beach when we got back to the hotel, specifically looking for a motorcycle track we knew (and could hear_ was nearby.  We enjoyed watching the few guys out there ride, and the kids on the little track were cute as could be.  We had dinner in Kaapa at the Olympic Cafe, which was very good.  I had Ono, which is a rather tough white fish and I'm glad she told me when I ordered it, because I would have been very confused.  After that, Allysha was ready to crash and prepare for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment